Sunday, February 10, 2013

Returning back to work...

I was "reorganized" out of my job, better known as LET GO, LAID OFF, CANNED and whatever else you call it, at 37.5 weeks pregnant.

During this time, I looked for work actively and delivered and cared for my baby girl full time. I am lucky to report that I am returning to work effective Monday, February 11th. I am mixed with emotions and can best sum them up to bittersweet. Thus I have been quickly adjusting to life back at work and taking care of my baby.

I would be crazy to say I am not having a major anxiety attack over the sudden changes. Some random thoughts through my head

  • Will my baby forget that I am her mother?
  • How will I balance work and wanting to spend time for her?
  • How am I gonna wake up and get her out of the house at the same time?

To answer my own anxiety ridden questions, who forgets their mother..no one! To achieve work life balance, I have signed up for mommy and me classes, meetups and pretty much have scheduled my weekends to be all baby all day. Finally, organization and routine are the only way we will get out of the house on time.

I keep repeating, I am not the first mom/dad to go back to work and I won't be the last. Will it be hard, of course but I HAVE to get through it.

Looking forward to being a proud working MOM!


No comments:

Post a Comment