Sunday, December 22, 2013

Doing what you say you're going to do

I think by far my biggest challenge in my personal life is doing what I say and following up!

I am a woman of many ideas, thoughts and goals but unfortunately I never convert a vast majority. I don't know whether it's time management, laziness or lack of accountability. On the eve of my 30th trip around  the Sun, I have got to change!

So how can I fix this issue:

1. Handle the small tasks immediately. If it takes 5 mins or less do it now.
2. Build a specific time or schedule to get things done. With a toddler this maybe tough bc she loves to keep me on my toes. 
 3. Use technology to get things done. I have a calendar, email reminders and to do list and need to use effectively. 
4. Set realistic goals! I should not say yes to everything or try to do all this at once !
5. I read about an idea dump (a notebook ) for all the ideas you want to work on but don't have time. I plan to keep that handy and shelf good ideas later. 

At the end of day, it's hard to complete goals, tasks and chores with an incredibly active 14 mos old. Nonetheless my goal (here we go again) is each day work towards reaching my goals. I hope you do to...

Here is to a productive 2014!!

No comments:

Post a Comment