Saturday, January 5, 2013

Deals deals deals

Deals..

As a SAHM, there are few days I look forward to Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday.

I love deals, coupons and discounts especially for grocery shopping. Since becoming a wife with my own "mini" household, I relish the opportunity to oversee all foods that we purchase. Growing up I would see my mom coupon, shop at 3 different grocery stores and knock of 50-60 off her bill consistently. As a kid, this was so embarrassing holding up the line to save some pennies here and there but now I see its well worth it.

Back to my favorite days of the week, Wednesday and Thursday my two grocers put out the circulars and Sunday the ads come out. Since having my little one, I get the Sunday paper delivered to me, scored sunday delivery for a year for just 10 bucks.

My usual grocery routine involves surveying the cupboards and basing meals on what we have. Shopping once a week, never hungry and trying to stick to my list. Since we function primarily on one income, I spend approximately 60 dollars per week for 2 people and 1 dog.

To make my dollar stretch here are my strategies ( you may have heard)

  • Buy all produce at the Farmers Market, seriously I spend 18 max for all the apples, onions, green peppers and potatoes we can eat.
  • Buy meat in bulk and separate to dinner portions and wrap and freeze.
  • Buy juice, Milk, Eggs and all toiletries from Walmart because you can't beat the price.
  • I stack my coupons for weeks and try to use them when the markets have a sale on them.
  • I sign up with Kraft, Kellogs and Pillsbury for deals and recipe ideas.
My goal in the New Year is to meal plan more effectively and cut costs and waste down. Also as my little one grows, I want to make her baby food.

Until next time....

1 comment:

  1. I definitely want to get back into coupon cutting and saving money wherever possible. Didn't realize about the savings at Walmart even though we do shop there. good to know that as well!

    ReplyDelete