Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year's is a great time to put life in perspective



A little over 2 years ago.. I wrote following list. So now I am looking back to see what I did vs. what I didn't



"On the eve of my twenty sixth birthday, I am putting into perspective everything I want to do. I know this list may sound crazy but at least it gives me a launch pad or a starting point. My significant other (SO) he asked what if I didn't accomplish the list then what? Well the answer is who knows....but I will be sure to keep you updated..."
  1. Begin my novel- started one...got through about 10 pages but back to the drawing board.
  2. Find out what I really want to be when I grow up- still searching
  3. Be debt free- in progress hoping by the eve of my 29th bday this will be accomplished
  4. Own a home- Jan 2015 
  5. Learn how to drive stick shift- NOPE
  6. Run my own business- my Hubby and I run one together 
  7. Run a 5k- signed up for one in FEB
  8. Get my scuba diving license- NOPE 
  9. Cook my own thanksgiving dinner from scratch- NOPE
  10. Drive cross country -NOPE
  11. Kick Anemia - NOPE
  12. Start an e-trade account- NOPE
  13. Go camping- NOPE
  14. Volunteer- volunteered through a work related event does that count??
  15. Go to New Yankee Stadium- NOPE
  16. Control my emotions ( change my name to ice cube)- being pregnant would not allow me to do this
  17. Finish the Harry Potter series- NOPE
  18. Create my own family traditions- YEP
  19. Be completely comfortable in my own skin
  20. Learn how to speak Jamaican Patois- becoming better each day
  21. Find an art activity that I am good at
  22. Become a mom - 10/8/12 accomplished this 
  23. Lessen my addiction to facebook, twitter, social networking sites
  24. Become more tech savvy- depends on how you view this 
  25. Read more
  26. Strive to make every day a happy day- I try...

1 comment:

  1. I love your list. Inspired me to make one of my own! Can't wait to see the results at the end of the year. =)

    ReplyDelete