Friday, May 31, 2013

I'mma (wannabe) side hustla'

Sometimes I feel like there is more to life than the 9-5. Once, I had my daughter I became even more conscientious of living frugal, earning money and investing. It's to the point that I am constantly pulling out my calculator and thinking about how I can earn more pennies. I know where I want to be by 30 but coming up and following the plan is the problem.

Therefore, I need to pursue a side hustle or multiple side hustle. For those not familiar with side hustle to it means earning income from something other than your main job. To see some real life side hustlers check out  http://www.blackenterprise.com/tag/side-hustle/. I have been thinking about ideas that can bring my side hustle into fruition.

The first step is now that I have a tangible idea is to get organized. I will need to create a list of things that I need to do, such as website, plan of how to run the business, time management for client turnaround, certification etc. All while working my full time job (40-50 hours), caring for my infant daughter and trying to enjoy some of life. I know that its a sacrifice and will all be worth it. 

I have been studying what successful people do each day. So in the words of my husband, I am prepared to shut myself in, give up reality TV and dedicate those hours to my craft. I know that I must start small and work my way. 

Some questions, I have asked myself
  • Am I willing to give up friends, tv?
  • How will I cope with being tired?
  • Is it worth, actively pursuing a side business and sacrificing time with my daughter?
  • Can I do this?

In times of doubt, I am going to remember that everything I do is for the 6lb 6oz baby I gave birth to. I want her to have the stability and life that I did not have. That will remain my motivation when I get tired. I can't wait to reveal more as time goes by.


No comments:

Post a Comment